Monday, April 22, 2019

Weekly Review, Week 12


This last week I am feeling great. Honestly, I was nervous about having to read our free choice book because I was not sure if I would be able to complete the book, mostly because of the time it would require and normally I am not into reading that much and it is a struggle to sit and read a book. However, I started reading my first section on Sunday evening, and finished it by Tuesday evening. I felt great about it, enjoyed reading it and did not see it as a homework assignment; it was something I wanted to do when I had a few extra minutes. Wednesday I woke up with a swollen eye, was not able to go to work for two days, so I sat in my backyard, and finished the book by Thursday afternoon. This was some much-needed time to myself; I just sat, and read for a few hours each day. I was shocked that I had done this, never in my life have I read a book so fast. This was a great experience, to choose a book and enjoy it. I think the exercise we had to complete before we choose the book, really helped.

I think that I was able to enjoy the book because it was about Asian mothers, their daughters, and their stories. I have been getting into my culture lately and it really held my interest.

This week I will be completing my reading notes and analysis for the next two weeks, which also feels really good. This week is crazy at home and work, so not having to stress about completing the reading for this week, feels great.

I am so happy I took this class it has taught me so much about myself and what I can accomplish when I am focused and set my mind to it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber. I just realized you are Chinese. It is great that you are getting into your culture. It is great that you finished the book. Unfortunately, I have not yet. I do not enjoy reading books and it does not help that I am a slow reader. I think an audio book may have helped. I find this book interesting and confusing at times, but overall interesting. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Week 17, Weekly Analysis, America is in the Heart

America Is in the Heart by Carlos Bulosan (604-610) How do you keep your personal worth from changing when your environment tells you...