Monday, March 25, 2019

Week 9 Progress


 1. Review
How do you feel about your progress so far?  
I feel very good about my progress so far, I am very happy with the grade I have at this time. One of my fears when I was thinking about returning to school, was I what if I failed? I can happily say that I am not failing and have the motivation needed to transfer and graduate. 
What are the class assignments that you enjoy the most? 
Honestly, I am enjoying the readings, I have never been a huge reader. During my younger years of school reading, was difficult and I lacked motivation. In this class I have enjoyed most of the readings, some of them I have to re-read them to help me understand it better, some I have not been interested in and have been hard to read, and others I love and don't want the reading to end. 
Are you using any of the extra credit options?
I have used a few of the extra credit options, but since I have been able to stay structured and focused, I have been able to complete almost all of my assignments. 
 
2. Look forward.
Are there any changes you want to make for the second half of the semester, in terms of your participation in the course? 
I like the first half of the semester, it was challenging in the beginning, but then I have gotten used to the format and expectations. I think reading a free choice book is change enough. 
Any mistakes or possible challenges in finishing you want to avoid? 
none at this time. 
Something new you want to try?
Reading the free choice book, is something that I am excited to start and complete by the due date, I can't remember the last time I read a book from start to finish. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Amber!

    I was kind of uncertain if I should (or could) comment here... I mean, this section was supposed to be to our professor, right? But I found your progress reflection really interesting so here I am!

    I hadn't left school and decided to come back later, but I can truly relate to the fear of failing. I'm taking Calculus 1 this semester and I can't avoid worrying about my situation. I currently have a C, and just don't know what to do. I've been spending my days at the math lab from morning to evening and my grade is not improving. I can't wait to feel like you and stop fearing the reality where I may fail...
    Also, I feel you! Some of the readings are so boring that I don't even feel motivated to read them. Especially when they are poems, I hate poems geez. And I'm excited to start reading the new book, too! It's been a while since I read a book that interested me and I really wanted to; however, I have already decided mine and it has a mystery plot, one of my favorite genres, so I have high expectations!
    Anyway, I wish you luck returning to school and keep up with the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amber. I understand that when a story is not interesting it makes it hard to read. It is great you are doing great in this class so far; it is challenging. I am not really looking forward to the free choice book, I guess because I don't know which assignments, we have to do for it yet. I am hoping they won't be too much. I am glad we have a little over a month left for the semester, I can use some free time.

    ReplyDelete

Week 17, Weekly Analysis, America is in the Heart

America Is in the Heart by Carlos Bulosan (604-610) How do you keep your personal worth from changing when your environment tells you...