Thursday, February 14, 2019

EC, Week 3, Weekly Review: Asked for help

By the end of last week, I was feeling stuck and struggling with the question, am I analyzing correctly and am I doing our writing assignments correctly? I was feeling good in the beginning of the week after I posted my first blog for our reading assignment A, I felt even better after my blog post on reading assignment B. I felt like I was getting the hang of it and my notes were getting easier. Then on Wednesday, I read one of our announcements that said we need to analysis and not summarize. I looked back at my two post and realized I was summarizing more than I was analyzing, I started to question myself and start really struggled with writing our weekly analyzing blog for the week. I started writing and then would read it and it didn't seem right, I felt like I hit a wall and with all the links and information given to us to help,  it was only making it worst for me. I e-mailed asking for help, but knew I had to write my blog for the week, so I didn't miss out on the points. On Friday, I seen the e-mail with sign up times for a meeting with our professor Mrs. Hiltbrand's with her office hours, I knew that I needed to sign up and talk to her as soon as I could. I was able to schedule an appointment for Monday.
I went to our appointment and met Mrs. Hiltbrand's, she was very kind, welcoming, and I felt very comfortable. I expressed my concerns and expressed that being successful in this class and is very important to me. Mrs. Hiltbrand explained that our notes from the readings are truly our notes, we can write them however we want and is useful for us. She clarified that her announcement about the summarizing was for our weekly blog due on Thursdays, that should not be a summary, but we need to analysis. She then read my blog from last week and said it was on the right track and we talked about it. She also discussed our upcoming project and a few other things. It was great being able to meet with Mrs. Hiltbrand and having a conversation, maybe something I am lacking with an online class. This is really my first online class and I am just trying to figure it all out and trying to manage my time so I do not fall behind. After this meeting I felt a lot more comfortable with my blogs and know that I will be able to be successful in this class and if I have any doubt or questions to just send an e-mail to Mrs. Hiltbrand and ask, she really does make herself available to us.

Thank you for your time Mrs. Hiltbrand and I really happy that you are my professor for my first online class.

1 comment:

  1. This is honestly such a cool thing to read. It is always very nice to see teacher's that are willing to help students, many teachers are not always willing to go that far. I have had several online professors who are there to just quickly teach a class and not put a lot of effort in. I love to see professors who are the opposite of this.

    ReplyDelete

Week 17, Weekly Analysis, America is in the Heart

America Is in the Heart by Carlos Bulosan (604-610) How do you keep your personal worth from changing when your environment tells you...