Friday, February 8, 2019

Topic Brainstorm: 4 Topics

Topic 1: From a piece of fiction choose a female character on whom to focus, and create a project.
I would like to choose a female character from a story because I would like to see how the author creates, describes, and has the female play a part in the story. The female role will show how the author feels towards woman and can be a reflection how they feel in real life. Females did not often have a main role in a stories, they were not treated as equal as they are now. Different authors have different views and I will be able see how this author views woman.

Topic 2: Choose one short story or novel excerpt. Write a piece in which you explore: What does this story teach us about history?
I am choosing this as a topic because I would like to learn more about the California history and how the readings in this book tells a story. In two short weeks I have learned a lot about California's history. I live in a state that has tons of history that I do not know a lot about. I think we as people take things for granted, there is so much history all around us, we do not have to go far to find it, but we do not realize it and go searching for it. California is a place that many people come to live, because the possibilities, but many people that have lived here all of their lives do not see the possibilities and want to leave to search for a place that gives it to them.

Topic 3: Love, work, freedom, ect. Then choose two selections and discuss how that subject is discussed in those selections.
As I am reading I want to find two selections that focused on freedom and compare the two. Freedom was not always given, it depended on your race, sex, social status, etc. When I was a student in middle and high school, history was not a subject that I enjoyed, I did not learn as much as I should have. As an adult, I wish I would have focused and learned more. I am eager to complete these readings and learn as much as I can.

Topic 4: Think about a theme you see running through your life. Choose a reading that you  think also discusses this theme. Explore connections between how the theme play out in your life, and how the theme gets played out in the reading.
I am not sure what story will follow a theme in my life, but I have had a lot of growth in the last year and continue to learn new things about myself. I have a different outlook in life, I am looking for the positive and how I can make a different in the world and be a good role model for my children and the children in my life. I am sure there will be a reading in this book, that will relate to me and write a project on. I am excited for this learning adventure I am on.


1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to see which topic you pick first, and how you will explore it via our literature!

    ReplyDelete

Week 17, Weekly Analysis, America is in the Heart

America Is in the Heart by Carlos Bulosan (604-610) How do you keep your personal worth from changing when your environment tells you...